home sweet home.

Tuesday morning I arrived home in Melbourne. I don't think I've ever been SO happy to be home in all my life. Or so happy to see my bed.


I think it's also the first time Australia has ever felt like home to me. I got changed into the most 90s kid outfit I own and stepped out into the sunlight. The sun! Oh gosh the sun was amazing. It was like I'd never seen the sun before - so bright! - This is all highly out of character for me, I'm a vicious winter lover generally speaking - and I've always felt like I don't fit into Australian culture. But I certainly don't feel that way at the moment!

Because of my extreme exhaustion, my first day back was spent mostly in bed. I crashed at 2:30pm, intending to only have a nap, and woke up at 6am the next day. I had crazy dreams involving pasta carbonara, so of course I had to go out and get some for lunch.


The carbonara was delicious and the coffee... my gosh. I had an iced mocha, and never have I enjoyed it so thoroughly. There really is no place like Melbourne for coffee. Everywhere else just pales in comparison.


I followed up my very very satisfying lunch with a manicure. I decided to get bright yellow for summer. I'd never gotten yellow before - but I'm loving it!


In the evening, we had our lovely neighbours over for a thank you dinner. While we were away they kept an eye on the house and took care of my dog, Max. So I cooked up a storm on the barbecue in the beautiful twenty six degree weather, drank red wine, champagne and gin, then had an early and solid nights sleep. A swell day if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment