australia day long weekend: part three.


Our last day started with breakfast on the balcony - which was lovely.


You may have noticed in the last two photos that my egg is most definitely not in an egg cup. That is because our apartment didn't have one - so I got creative and made my own.


After breakfast we braved the rain, picked up Holly's sister from the train station and then went to catch up with an old friend of mine, Caitlin. Good conversation over good iced coffee.


I also got this little guy - a mini chocolate telephone! I couldn't pass it up.


The new earrings and necklace I bought at Monster Threads, and the very cute stamps from the Japanese brand Aranzi Aronzo.


After we'd wandered around shopping for a while. Then ended up at Jamie's Italian for lunch.


The wait for a table was quite long, so we indulged in some afternoon cocktails. 


This bread was a-ma-zing.


As was my pasta. I really want to go back again.


Oh our way back, I stopped for some Christoph Waltz lovin'.


We were meant to be going to St George OpenAir Cinema again to see Silver Linings Playbook, but unfortunately due to the weather it was cancelled. So we made the most of our night by getting some delicious cheese and champagne, Maltesers, popcorn, apples and chips, getting a couple of DVDs and settling in for a night in the apartment.


It was a brilliant alternative - so much fun! We watched Pulp Fiction and Water For Elephants. Then it was off to bed to catch an early flight in the morning. Such a wonderful weekend - I look forward to repeating it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment