last day in edinburgh.

My last day in Edinburgh was on Friday (I will explain my absence soon) was a great one too.
I met up with a high school friend who moved here mid-year 2012, and we had coffee for three hours at probably the best Melbourne-like coffee place I've been thus far around Europe. Gosh I miss Melbourne coffee. 


For the evening, we wanted to make the last night memorable (and delicious!) - like Paris - so we went to The Honours for dinner, which is owned by a Michelin star chef.


We shared Bloody Mary oysters for our entree. They were very tasty - but I would have liked more of a tang!


For my main, I had the pork belly. And wow. This is probably the best pork belly I have ever had. So tender, so much flavour... just amazing.


My parents had the ox cheeks - which I had a taste of - that were also amazing.


And lastly, dessert! I had a glass of frangelico and a scoop of toffee caramel ice cream. It was to die for.


My brother opted to have the local deep-fried Mars Bar. I'm glad I didn't.


Saturday we left on the train for London!

No comments:

Post a Comment