illusions.

Today has probably been the most fun I've had on my trip thus far. Be prepared for a lot of photos!

We started off in the main streets where I bought a boatload of DVDs - including Deep Red, The Cranes Are Flying, Shallow Grave and Open Your Eyes. Score!

Next we went to the Illusion Museum. I'd been wanting to go to this place ever since we got here but we'd been saving it - and I'm glad we did. It was SO much fun. The roof had a beautiful view of the skyline.


Then it was on to whacky mirrors and patterns.


The electricity room was a blast. 


The pointless multi-shadow room.
 

Another one of my favourites was the infinity mirror room. So many pretty lights! It was like standing in a galaxy.
 



Severed heads!
 

The face transformation booths were hysterical. We made ourselves old, into babies, into chimps, into anime characters and into different races.


I think without a doubt the best part of the museum was the final floor which was split into two exhibits - a mirror maze and a spinning corridor.


Mirror maze fun!


Next, we got married.



Yep. There was an Autowed machine at the end of the museum, how could we resist? And for only £1! We selected to have a gay/lesbian marriage, put in our names, said I do and out came our rings and a certificate receipt.


Officially married.


We went out for lunch in Victoria Street at Maison Bleue - this cute little dimly-lit restaurant.


The food was exquisite. I had the surprise calamari for an entree, followed by the Scottish venison casserole. So yummy!
 

We did a little more shopping. I loved this store front.



After we walked the streets a bit and did some more shopping we stopped at a wine bar to finish off the day.
 



We had cocktails, red wine, olives, great conversation - and watched Adventure Time. Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment