quiche.

I must have been a quiche chef in a past life, because the one I made tonight was incredible. You know when you take that first bite of a piece of food - not just any food either, but something really amazing - where it's like a flavour explosion in your mouth, and every taste bud seems to be screaming "YES!" simultaneously.

That's what this quiche was like.

I surprised even myself.

Here's a little photo run-through of my process, from pastry to completion.

First, butter, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl.

Knead to a crumbly consistency. 

Add egg yolk and a little water, mix with a knife then roll into a ball. Then into the fridge to set for half an hour.

While it's in the fridge - prepare your fillings! I used leek, bacon and feta.

Once the pastry is ready. Roll out and place into a quiche pan. After this, I precooked my pastry for 15 minutes in the oven.

Next is the mixture for the filling. Eggs and cream whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper - and I used some nutmeg as well.

Here are all my fillings ready to go!

Then into the pastry.

And the egg/cream mixture on top.

Some kitchen photos while I waited for the quiche to cook. We have some lovely Gerberas floating around at the moment.

Thirty minutes in the oven and done!
It took much longer than I first anticipated. However - totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment